Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HER;

A little insight into the life of me. 

Who is your favorite designer? 
It’s hard to pin point one but I LOVE Alber Elbaz (Lanvin). He is indeed a creative genius who understand the woman and what she wants. But in Australia, Sarah Jane-Clarke + Heidi Middleton (Sass and Bide), Camilla Frank and Collette Dinnigan.

If you could come back as a dress, what would it be?
Ah, why must these questions be so difficult? I would come back as an Herve Leger cocktail dress with asymmetrical, off the shoulder straps. In black, of course. Very me, I suppose.

If you could come back as a model, who would it be?
Heidi Klum. She is unbelievably beautiful.

If you could come back with someone else’s body, whose would it be?
Miranda Kerr. She has the perfect figure! Or Adriana . . . or Alessandra. . . Or Rosie . . . Or Candice! You get the drift....

What are you most vain about?
I would say that I’m more modest than I should be. But since you ask to me to be vain, I shall refrain from all fetters of modesty and say that I think I am blessed to be given the opportunities and skills I have. Namely writing. This is when I chuckle to myself.

What are you most shy about?
I’m shy about what I know I can do. Weird, yes, but true. Sometimes I’m shy about asking favors from people too.

Junk food?
Little sweets and desserts + CHOCOLATE. Anything pretty, little, and would have been devoured (in the most ladylike manner, of course) by Marie Antoinette.

Who are your fantasy dinner-party guests?
President Barack Obama, Carine Roitfeld, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Rachel Zoe, Frida Giannini, Alber Elbaz, Natalie Portman, Ashton Kutcher, Elizabeth Bennett, Harry Potter.

Fantasy celebrity one-night stand?
Mm. Ed Westwick.

Underwear?
Lacy little numbers.

What can’t you travel without?
My iPod.

Last book you read?
The Alchemist- Paulo Cohelo.

Favorite place to have a drink?
   Anywhere with good company.


At age seven, you wanted to be…
A writer, a fashion designer, and a part-time dancer for Britney Spears. I kid you not. Ah, the dreams of my child-self. Funny thing is, my current one deviates not too far from the aforementioned.

What’s the thing you find easiest to forgive?
Hmmmmm.

What’s the thing you find impossible to forgive?
Anything that would make me never trust you again.


Biggest self-indulgence?
It has yet to happen. I plan on splurging on one of the few bags I have on my must-haves-before-I-die list. At the moment, however, my idea of self-indulgence is a bit of Zimmerman, Rachel Gilbert, a stack of magazines, my car oh, and then more shopping in the city. (Window-shopping, I mean.)

Favorite place to shop?
I really don’t have a favorite, persay. Moreso an assortment of shops where I happen to stop by and pick up one or two things from at a time. But my favorite place to window shop is Frock Shop, Zims and the usual chains, Country Road + Witchery!

Favorite place to shop online?
Asos, shopbop.com, net-a-porter and cute online boutiques!

Least favorite food?
Octopus….I had it once by accident and I felt like I was chewing a rubber tire that’s been greased and fried. Only, I would never know what greasy, fried rubber tires taste like since I’ve never tried. I promise.

Whose diary would you most like to read?
President Obama. Or Elizabeth Bennett. Or Gossip Girl’s.

Car?
Zooming through the streets in my White Range Rover or an Audi a3. 

When and where are you happiest?
When I have no set agenda. On the beach.  Listening to music, in my room, with a pile of magazines and a stack of books awaiting. At the gym. And anytime spent with my amazing family + friends.

Most treasured possession?
My macbook.

Favorite fictional character?
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice. One of my favorite books of all time. Carrie Bradshaw and of course Harry.

Favorite musicians?
Oh so many! I’m a true RnB girl at heart- Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Drake, Usher, Pitbull & Trey. But I also jump to the sounds of Coldplay, Foster the People, Angus & Julia Stone, Mumford & Sons.

If you had another profession beside your own, what would it be?
If an internship would count as a profession. I’d love to be editor of Cleo. A PR guru. Even step foot in Rachel Zoe’s world as a stylist!

Favorite trend of all time?
Black. It is always classic, darling.

Always…
Fight for what’s right.

Never…
Give up.


W. x